Loading information was complicated, and the quality and reliability of information were not up to the requirements of a modern organisation.
At the launch of the reform in 2014, the following goals were set for the new system:
Up-to-date, reliable information, available almost in real-time
The first stage included architecture specifications and data modelling. Veikkaus required a modern information management solution with a genuine focus on business operations. The selected solution platform was a combination of Big Data technologies (Hadoop & Kafka) and modern ETL and EDW platforms that can generate an almost real-time data flow for end users and be used in processes.
The year-long implementation stage was launched in early 2015Although this was an extensive project, it executed by using agile project methods.The project was divided into smaller elements and carried out in two-week development cycles or sprints.The maintenance phase started in early 2016, and Enfo consultants played a key roleThis sizable project was completed successfully, and Enfo consultants were praised by Harri Räsänen, ICT architect at Veikkaus:Cooperation with Enfo consultants went well throughout the project. The professional consultants were flexible when required, and the quality of their work was excellent. Through transparent operations, Enfo earned our trust”
Lauri Niemi acted as the product owner of business operations in this project and he expressed special thanks to Enfo for data modelling expertise that largely formed the base of the project.”Thanks to the clear data model, we have a good idea of the sources and formation of our data. Enfo played a crucial role in data modelling
- The project provided a comprehensive information management platform
- A better and more consistent customer experience: Veikkaus is now able to target relevant communication to customers and even monitor the behaviour of individual players almost in real-time
- Real-time optimisation and monitoring of campaigns. Those responsible for products in business operations are able to monitor campaigns related to their products.
- Data on players’ behaviour and gaming events is collated continuously
- Data required in finance from various sources can now be generated in a uniform manner
- Data utilisation roles: Veikkaus staff are able to utilise information within the scope of their work
- We are able to support the data needs of a personifiable web store